Monday, December 12, 2016

bias tape and rick-rack

Made a very similar version of this skirt a few months ago. It's fun to pick out the colors to use, so I did it again. As usual, found the fabric at Treadle Yard Goods. I basically only have 2 skirt patterns, and just make variations from them. This uses the A-line skirt (the other pattern is more of a circle skirt)




I use a pencil to mark directly on the fabric where I want the strips of bias tape to go
'

Sew the bias tape on with a zig-zag kind of stitch


I very rarely use pins. Usually I just hold things together and sew directly


Here's one of the times I really need pins - when I put lining on the back of the fabric.






All done


With the usual reflective piping on the bottom 


It's the same design as this skirt I did before


The end